i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System
The i-CAT provides a 3D volume scan using cone beam computed tomography (CBCT). It differs significantly from a medical CT scan because it gathers volume data with one pass rather than multiple layers or “cuts’ of radiation. This means the radiation for a scan is 80 to 100 times lower than a medical CT scan. i-CAT technology provides 3D data for:
- Orthodontic evaluation and treatment planning
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Full facial and jaw 3D images
Patients can take advantage of a more complete orthodontic treatment with i-CAT imaging. Its innovative features include:
- One 5 to 20-second scan that provides your doctor with enough data for a complete diagnosis
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners or older iCAT scanners
- Increased comfort: patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space and nothing inside their mouth they have to bite on.
- Doctors can easily share the data with patients, so patients stay informed and are able to make educated decisions on their course of treatment
Dr. Robison will send the CBCT scan for a radiologic review if he detects anything suspicious. Because he does not want anyone to decline this important service because of cost, he does not charge for the radiology review and report.
This video is of an actual scan Dr. Robison is able to create using i-CAT 3D imaging technology
Come and see for yourself what it’s like to receive a more advanced, patient-friendly orthodontic experience. Call us today to schedule an appointment.